Powered By Blogger

Friday 2 December 2011

Sense of Space - Rich Ragsdale

In my research on YouTube I have found director and composer Rich Ragsdale, whose filmic pieces are extremely inspired by his own music.


The first piece I came across was this test for an experimental dance piece. Like Psycho, it relies heavily on its soundtrack and camera/edit techniques to create the effect that it does, however, I have picked out some really fantastic moments of sound where the low frequencies and almost electronic wavering create such a spine chilling atmosphere. Like Psycho, the music comes to a definite climax, and I think we need to pick this out in our sound piece - we need to do something digitally to make the stabbing of Marion a landmark in the project.



Continuing to research Rich Ragsdale, I found that he takes a special interest in German expressionist cinema and silent film. Many of his pieces are based heavily around a soundtrack, so there is not much more that I can take from his work. 


Link to Rich Ragsdale YouTube channel

No comments:

Post a Comment