Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Sense of Space - An Idea

Having a little brainstorm on my own, I have thought about the possibility of creating a sound piece based on a famous cinematic scene. One of the most tense sequences in film history is the shower scene in Psycho (d. Alfred Hitchcock 1960). Upon watching it back, I noticed that the sound is very dull and simplistic. I have had the idea to intensify the sounds in the sequence and warp and manipulate them, and basically recreate the sequence without using the famous soundtrack. In this, we would give the absolute sense that we were moving from a bedroom to a bathroom, and very gently give the illusion that somebody is quietly coming into the room


Here is the sequence: unfortunately I could not get the whole sequence (including the shots just before she enters the bathroom) to embed, so here is the most I could get.



No comments:

Post a Comment