Powered By Blogger

Thursday 24 November 2011

Sense of Space - Looking Through My Bookshelves

As a source of inspiration I looked through my books for segments of text that have significant descriptions of sound. 
A couple of the texts that has usable pieces were:
  • 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald (the crash sequence, party sequences)
  • 'Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad (attack sequence and others)
  • Poetry  from John Donne's 'Collected Poems'
  • Poetry from Philip Larkin's 'The Whitsun Weddings'
However, one text in particular stood out.

Dante's Inferno

I mind-mapped some quotes and ideas, including the sounds that I thought were significant and how I could create them.





From Canto XXVIII 
From Canto V

From Canto IV
 Here, the idea has formulated into trying to recreate Dante's version of Hell, by following the changes in sound throughout the text. If you look at my notes, you will see exactly how I plan to do this.



No comments:

Post a Comment